Passport Processing

Please refer to the US Department of State website for more instructions on how to obtain your passport. 

Call or email the City Clerk's Office to set up an appointment to have your Passport Processed. 

How to Apply for the First Time.

You must apply in person if:

  • You are applying for your first U.S. passport or
  • You are under age 16 or
  • Your previous U.S. passport was issued when you were under age 16 or
  • Your previous U.S. passport was lost, stolen, or damaged or
  • Your previous U.S. passport was issued more than 15 years ago or
  • Your name has changed since your U.S. passport was issued and you are unable to legally document your name change

Complete and Submit Form DS-11: Application For A U.S. Passport

  • Must apply in person
  • Must not sign the application until instructed to do so by the Acceptance Agent
  • Must provide your Social Security number

Submit Evidence of U.S. Citizenship

  • Previously issued, undamaged U.S. Passport
  • Certified birth certificate issued by the city, county or state
  • Report of Birth Abroad or Certification of Birth
  • Naturalization Certificate
  • Certificate of Citizenship

Present Identification (one of the following)

  • Previously issued, undamaged U.S. passport
  • Naturalization Certificate
  • Valid Driver's License
  • Current Government ID (city, state or federal)
  • Current Military ID (military and dependents)

Pay the Applicable Fee (per application)

What Are You Applying For?
(In Person)

Application Fee
Make Payable to
"Department of State"
Execution Fee
Paid separate to the facility where you are applying
(Age 16 & Older)  
Passport Book
Passport Card
Passport Book and Card
(Under Age 16)
Passport Book
Passport Card
Passport Book and Card

To request Expedite Service, in addition to the Passport Fee (see tables above) you must pay a $60.00 Expedite Fee for each application requesting Expedite Processing.

To request an Overnight Delivery Return, you must pay an additional $19.53 to the U.S. Department of State. 


For current processing times with the US Department of State, please go to the US Department of State website


Provide One Passport Photo

You can get your photos taken at the following locations in Bethel.

  • Bethel Alaska PC, 460 Ridgecrest Drive, Phone 543-1805.