The taxicab industry in Bethel is regulated by the Bethel Municipal Code and comes under the jurisdiction of the Bethel Police Department.
Each on duty vehicle is required to be in a safe and clean condition, and must have the following equipment available:
- Seat Belts in all passenger seats and an available child seat in clean and working condition.
- A charged and operable fire extinguisher within arms reaches of the driver.
- All doors and windows in operable condition.
- Smoking is not permitted in vehicles for hire.
- Alcohol may only be transported in the trunk or cargo area of a vehicle for hire.
- The chauffeur’s permit and the fare rate schedule must be posted within view.
|WITHIN THE CITY||$5.00||$4.00|
|TO AND FROM AIRPORT TO|
|AND FROM ALL LOCATIONS,|
|TO B.I.A. AND TUNDRA RIDGE||$7.00||$6.00|
|TO AND FROM KASAYULI||$10.00||$10.00|
|TO AND FROM HAROLSON||$7.00||$7.00|
|AIRPORT TO AIRPORT||$4.00||$4.00|
|EN ROUTE STOPS||$1.00 PER STOP, PLUS $1.00 PER MINUTE AFTER THREE MINUTES|
If you have any complaints concerning taxicabs, please make sure to note the company and number of the cab and the date and time of the incident and contact the Transportation Inspector at the Bethel Police Department, at 543-3781 or mail your complaint to:
Public Safety and Transportation Commission
P.O. Box 809
Bethel, AK 99559