Parks, Recreation, Aquatic Health and Safety Center Committee
The Parks, Recreation, Aquatic Health and Safety Center Committee, established by the Bethel City Council on August 11, 2015, is made up of seven full seated members and two alternate members.
Some of the responsibilities of the Parks, Recreation, Aquatic, Health and Safety Center Committee are:
- Developing annual goals in conjunction with the pool operators to be reviewed and approved by the City Council;
- Advise in planning, and making of recommendations concerning aquatics facilities, programs, outreach, policies and other recreational programming for the residents of the city;
- Upon referral of the City Council, review and make recommendations on capital improvement projects for the facility;
- Review and make recommendations to the Council on community services and the coordination of recreational services at the facility and special events with other governmental and private agencies and voluntary organizations;
- Upon referral from the City Council, conduct studies and make recommendations which promote and encourage high standards and increased opportunities in aquatics offerings, recreational activities and fitness-based programs that are in the best interest of the City;
- Encourage broad citizen participation in aquatics, fitness, and healthy recreational activities;
- Act as a sounding board for individuals and organizations having an interest in aquatics and fitness center programming and provide feedback for improvement;
- Advise and engage the city council on issues that will enhance the quality of life of Bethel residents through engagement in healthy leisure activity both within, and outside, the YK fitness center.
- Perform such other duties and functions as the City Council may from time to time request, or otherwise appoint the committee to administer or coordinate on behalf of the City.
For more information on the PRAHSCC please contact the Public Works Department at 907-543-3110 or email@example.com.
Parks, Recreation, Aquatic Health and Safety Center Committee Meeting Material