Join the Bethel PD!
Thank you for your interest in becoming an employee of the Bethel Police Department!
The City of Bethel offers its employees a wide range of benefits that include:
- Voluntary Deferred Compensation (457) plans
- Paid Time Off
- PERS Retirement Plan
- Medical, dental, vision & prescription coverage for employee and qualified dependents.
- Life, long-term and short-term disability insurance
- Accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Water and sewer utility benefits
- 11 paid holidays plus one floating personal day.
Additional benefits for police officers.
- Relocation costs
- Housing allowance assistance.
- All equipment and uniforms are provided with the exception of boots.
The Bethel Police Department is a progressive agency dedicated to providing community-oriented police service to a city of 6,500 and to the 57 surrounding communities which use Bethel as the trading and transportation hub with a population of over 45,000. Bethel has the third busiest airport in Alaska and has three flights daily to Anchorage in addition to freight and charter services. Bethel is situated approximately 40 miles from the mountains and lies on the tundra beside the Kuskokwim River, a navigable river which has shipping to the Bethel Port.
The Bethel area is ideal for the person who enjoys outdoor recreation and we have some of the best fishing available anywhere. Fish species include several varieties of Salmon, Pike, Rainbow Trout, Dolly Varden and Grayling. Hunting species include trophy caribou, moose, brown and black bear, musk ox, dall sheep and many other small game species. Snowmobiling, cross country skiing in the winter and ATV and boating in the summer round out the activities. For those inclined, gold prospecting is also present here.